Terms and conditions
1. Terms By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
The information in this site has been prepared in accordance with Australian law for the supply of goods and services. This notice and the information in this site and all matters relating to either are governed by and are to be construed according to the laws applicable in the State of Tasmania and the Commonwealth of Australia (“Australian law”). The information may not satisfy the laws of any other country. It is not directed at people in any other country and should not be relied on by people in any country other than Australia. The information in this site is current at the date of publication but may be subject to change.
2. Use License
- 2.1. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or downloadable files) on this website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- 2.1.1. modify or copy the materials;
- 2.1.2. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- 2.1.3. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this website;
- 2.1.4. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- 2.1.5. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- 2.2. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Jubilacion at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Disclaimer The materials on this website are provided “as is”. Jubilacion makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Jubilacion does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Limitations In no event shall Jubilacion or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption), arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Jubilacion’s Internet site, even if Jubilacion or an Jubilacion authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata The materials appearing on this website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Jubilacion does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Jubilacion may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Jubilacion does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
6. Links Jubilacion has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Jubilacion of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law Any claim relating to Jubilacion’ website shall be governed by the laws of the state of Tasmania without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Links to other sites This website may contain a number of links to other Internet sites. The provision of these links does not mean Jubilacion endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, use or products and services made available through these websites. If you use these links, you acknowledge and agree that Jubilacion is not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, privacy policies, opinions expressed, services provided, or other links provided by these sites. You further acknowledge and agree that Jubilacion is not responsible either directly or indirectly for any damage or loss caused by use or reliance on linked sites. Should you have any questions regarding these sites, you should address them directly with the relevant site administrator. No representation is given, warranty made or responsibility taken about the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of information sourced from third parties. Because of this, we recommend you consider, with or without the assistance of a financial adviser, whether the information is appropriate having regard to your particular circumstances.
10. Are we qualified financial advisers? No, we are not financial advisers. We are first and foremost actuaries and focus on the financial projections that every Australian needs to make informed financial decisions –allowing for risk and uncertainty. In addition to financial modelling, we are authorised to provide general advice by Independent Financial Advisers Australia Pty Ltd (AFSL 464629). You can read more about this in our Services Guide.
11. What actually is financial advice? The topic ‘financial advice’ is broad and touches on many topics such as budgeting, tax, life-long cashflow, investment selection, insurance, mortgages, and life expectancy. Financial advice that you’re entitled to rely on can only be provided by people authorised to provide those services. Certain advice topics are defined in legislation and the primary example of this is ‘financial product advice’ – which basically means a recommendation or statement of opinion that’s intended to influence someone about a financial product (or a class of financial products). Only a licensed financial adviser can give financial product advice. For more information on this, refer to the resources section below.
What additional resources are available to understand all this? The Australian Securities and Investments Commission provides good overviews of financial advice here:
– Financial advice
– Financial advice and you
– General and personal advice
More technical information about the use of restricted terms like ‘financial adviser’ and ‘financial planner’ is available here . For information about independence in financial advice refer here .